Join us as we explore one of the local trails on the North Shore to learn about nature and local wildlife!
Learn about animals that share our forests, typical foods they eat, safe hiking practices and much more!
We will walk the Rice Lake trail led by staff from the North Shore Black Bear Society (NSBBS).
- Learn general trail safety and etiquette, and 10 backpack essentials
- Become familiar with local plants and trees
- Understand bear behaviour, their eating habits and identify examples of bear activity in the forest
- Learn how to respond to a bear encounter
- See and hear a variety of local birds
Meet other newcomers & long-term residents on the North Shore, socialize and practice your English. Wear good walking shoes and be prepared for the weather. The event will be held rain or shine!
Please see the flyer for more information: Trail Talks_Rice Lake_English_July 2023